Berkshire Co-op Market is dedicated to an all-natural, whole food, local and healthy approach to grocery shopping. The Co-op will be a full-service grocery store that provides only natural fresh, prepared and packaged food and produce, household items, health and body care products, general merchandise and bulk foods. The selection will feature healthy nutritious foods and alternatives to commonly allergenic ingredients. Purchasing will support local and organic farmers and socially and environmentally conscious producers. Our merchandising will inform consumers through honest and educational strategies. Additionally, we will not knowingly sell products that:
- Contain artificial preservatives, flavors, sweeteners or colors;
- Contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs);
- Contain synthetic hormones like recombinant bovine somatotropin (rBST) and recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH);
- Contain high-fructose corn syrup;
- Contain monosodium glutamate (MSG);
- Contain hydrogenated oils;
- Are produced with unfair or inhumane labor practices.